Meat and protein-rich to promote lean muscle mass and a healthy body weight. Orijen senior is brimming with richly nourishing protein from free-run chicken and turkey, wild-caught fish, and cage-free eggs, delivered fresh or raw in whole prey ratios
- Grain free
- With 38% richly nourishing protein, and 85% quality animal ingredients, ORIJEN nourishes all senior dogs according to their evolutionary and biological needs.
- 2/3 of the meat is FRESH (refrigerated, no preservatives) or RAW (flash-frozen, no preservatives), including the top 10 meat ingredients.
- 1/3 of the meat is prepared at 90??C, to create a concentrated source of richly nourishing protein that cannot be supplied by fresh meat alone.
- Nutrient-dense WholePrey ratios of meat, organs, and cartilage or bone, plus fresh whole fish and cage-free eggs provide a natural source of virtually every nutrient your senior dog needs.
- Infusions of gently freeze-dried liver enhance flavour and palatability naturally, making ORIJEN deliciously tasty, even for fussy eaters.
Descended from wolves, our dogs are carnivores by nature. Their biological make-up means that they need nutrients from meat to thrive. So a species-appropriate diet for dogs means plenty of meat inclusions. Orijen dog foods aim to provide your pet with kibble that falls in line with his or her biological needs.
85% of this food is made with meat and 15% is botanicals. Of the animal ingredients included in this food, 2/3rds is fresh or raw. It also included Freeze-dried liver infused kibble to make the food that much tastier. The meat is from 5 different sources of poultry or fish.
- 85% Protein content, 15% botanicals
- 0% grains, potato, tapioca
- Meat inclusions are from 6 different sources
- 2/3rd of the meat inclusions are fresh or frozen without preservatives
- 1/3rd of the meat are dehydrated without preservatives
- Freeze-dried chicken and turkey liver makes this meal more tempting for dogs
Fresh chicken meat (13%), fresh eggs (7%), fresh turkey meat (7%), fresh whole herring (7%), fresh chicken liver (6%), fresh whole flounder (4%), fresh turkey liver (4%), fresh chicken necks (4%), fresh chicken heart (4%), fresh turkey heart (4%), chicken (dehydrated, 4%), turkey (dehydrated, 4%), whole mackerel (dehydrated, 4%), whole sardine (dehydrated, 4%), whole herring (dehydrated, 4%), whole red lentils, whole green lentils, whole green peas, lentil fibre, whole chickpeas, whole yellow peas, whole pinto beans, chicken cartilage (1%), whole navy beans, herring oil (1%), chicken fat (1%), turkey cartilage (1%), chicken liver (freeze-dried), turkey liver (freeze-dried), fresh whole pumpkin, fresh whole butternut squash, fresh whole zucchini, fresh whole parsnips, fresh carrots, fresh whole Red Delicious apples, fresh whole Bartlett pears, fresh kale, fresh spinach, fresh beet greens, fresh turnip greens, brown kelp, whole cranberries, whole blueberries, whole Saskatoon berries, chicory root, turmeric root, milk thistle, burdock root, lavender, marshmallow root, rosehips. ADDITIVES (per kg): Technological additives: Tocopherol rich extract of natural origin. Nutritional additives: Zinc chelate: 100 mg. Zootechnical additives: Enterococcus faecium NCIMB10415: 600×10^6 CFU
- Crude protein (min.) 38%
- Crude fat (min.) 15%
- Crude fiber (max.) 8%
- Moisture (max.) 12%
- DHA (docosahexaenoic acid) (min.) 0.2%
- EPA (eicosapentaenoic acid) (min.) 0.2%
- Calcium (min.) 1.3%
- Phosphorus (min.) 1.0%
- Omega-6 fatty acids (min.) 3%
- Omega-3 fatty acids (min.) 0.8%
- Glucosamine (min.) 600 mg/kg
- Chondroitin sulfate (min.) 1000 mg/kg
- Total Microorganisms (min) 100 Million CFU/lb
Low Carbohydrates Recipe:??Orijen Senior Dog Food is a protein-rich food featuring only fresh vegetables and fruit, which release sugar slowly, dramatically reducing the potential for fat storage. It contains no grains and is gluten free.
We recommend that you:
- Consult a vet before altering your pet’s diet
- Always have fresh water available for your pet
- Never feed above recommended quantities unless prescribed by a vet
- Feeding requirements will vary based on your pet’s level of activity, environment and age.
- For details refer to the image
Barker and Meowsky Tip:
Senior dogs need extra care as they age because their bones get weaker. They need to be fed low-calorie diets to prevent any unnecessary weight that will add stress to their joints and bones.